MEMS EngineerJob Description
Our successful and internationally recognized MEMS product development firm is seeking a versatile MEMS engineer who thrives on intellectual variety and challenges. At AMFitzgerald, you will have the opportunity to engineer all types of MEMS to be used in consumer, medical, and industrial products. We are helping our customers, who range from startups to prestigious companies in the Fortune 500, develop high performance products, enabled by customized microtechnology, that save and improve lives.
Read More . . .
This job requires an engineer who can manage working on multiple diverse projects simultaneously, with timelines varying from one month to several years. You will develop and fabricate prototypes of a wide variety of MEMS sensors and actuators, and their packaging and electronics. Typical project work consists of MEMS design and process integration, electronics and package design, mask layout, and prototype fabrication (at UC Berkeley Marvell Nanolab). You will work closely with our customers and gain valuable exposure to the global MEMS industry.
- Self-directed and organized, with a can-do attitude, proven multi-tasker
- Can tolerate ambiguity and a variable workload (which can range from 30-50 hours/week)
- Excellent engineering fundamentals, with an MS or PhD degree in Engineering or Physics.
- At least three years of hands-on MEMS or semiconductor fabrication experience (university fab experience is acceptable)
- Able to do hands-on fabrication at UC Berkeley Marvell Nanolab at least 2 days/week (training will be provided)
- Electrical and physical sensor testing (wafer or chip-level)
- Basic circuit design
- Mask design (L-edit preferred) and process integration skills
- English fluency; excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- You must already be authorized to work in the USA (US citizen or green card holder). Our company uses
E-Verifyto validate documents.
Desired Skills (any of the following)
- Sensor readout and control circuit design (board-level or ASIC)
- MEMS back-end processes and chip packaging
- Matlab, C, or Python programming skills
- Embedded system programming
- Commensurate with experience, base salary plus variable based on performance
- Benefits: Flexible hours, PPO medical insurance, dental and vision plans, 401K, 4 weeks paid time off
How to Submit an Application
Please email your resume to
- The subject line of your email must contain the text: "MEMS Engineer"
- Resume in PDF format, not to exceed two pages. (Hint: We are more interested in a detailed description of your engineering skills than a list of every article you've ever published.)
- No phone calls, please!
AMFitzgerald welcomes the opportunity to assist you with all MEMS needs. Please complete the brief sections below and one of our team members will follow up. For details on any of our services or to discuss your particular needs, fill out the form below or call us at 650-347-6367.